St Joseph Church
This is important information regarding Mass attendance/church gatherings during the COVID-19 Pandemic.
Because of the continuing COVID-19 threat, the following guidelines will be observed. We ask our parishioners to be patient and understanding as we all confront these new necessary arrangements together.
Beginning this Sunday May 10, St Joseph church will be open for parishioners to attend mass on Sundays at 9:00 am limited to 32 people based on first-come first-served basis. (See attendance guidelines following)
- In the church, everyone should observe the recommended social distancing. Ushers will escort parishioners to a seat.
- Everyone Should be wearing a mask.
- Though church gatherings are resuming, some individuals should not attend Mass or other church gatherings at this time.
This includes those who are sick or are in the high at-risk population:
Anyone who is 65 or older.
Those with chronic lung disease.
Moderate to severe asthma.
Chronic heart disease.
High blood pressure.
Chronic kidney disease undergoing dialysis.
Weakened immune system.
- Bishop Seitz states “Communion must be received in the hand, and not on the tongue.”
- For the foreseeable future, Catholics in the Diocese of El Paso have a dispensation from the Sunday obligation for attending mass.
- After mass, people are asked not to gather in groups but rather to proceed directly to their cars.
For those who cannot attend mass they can view services on Facebook by typing in “Our Lady of Peace, Alpine Tx”.
These services are:
Weekday morning mass at 7:00 a.m., Monday through Friday
Saturday at 6:00 p.m. (English), and Sunday at both 8:00 a.m. (Spanish) and 12:00 noon (English).
Also, the regular weekday rosary will begin at 5:15 pm from Our Lady of Peace This rosary will also be streamed live in Facebook.
In addition, the 6:00 pm Saturday mass will be re-broadcast on Sunday morning at 10:00 a.m., over radio station KVLF.1240AM
When church services are not in progress, the church building will be locked.