Update: July 22, 2020
to Seminarian Wilbert Colas who will be ordained by Bishop Mark Seitz to the Sacred Order of Deacons on Friday, August 14th at 7 pm (MDT) at St. Patrick Cathedral C.C. Please join us on the Facebook page for the Diocese: www.Facebook.com/dioceseofelpaso/live.
Following this, on Saturday, his Mass of Thanksgiving will be on Aug. 15th at 10 am (MDT) on Facebook at San Juan Diego Catholic Church. This may be viewed on www.Facebook.com/San Juan Diego/live.
A Money Tree is Available
(Please see restrictions below)
Mass will be offered on Sundays at 9:00 AM.
In Spanish on the First Saturday of the month at 4:00 PM
Holy Hour will be on the First and Third Monday of the month at 5:00 PM
St. Joseph Catholic Church buildings are closed except during services until further notice due to the spread of COVID-19 in our local communities.
For those that can not attend mass they can view it on Facebook by click on Our Lady of Peace https://www.facebook.com/Our-Lady-of-Peace-Catholic-Church-of-Alpine-Texas-273900243097199/
Saturday-6:00 PM Facebook LIVE ONLY
Sunday-8:00 AM Facebook LIVE ONLY
Sunday-10:00 AM KVLF 1240 AM ONLY
Sunday-12:00 PM Facebook LIVE ONLY
We thank you for your patience and understanding as our communities face new challenges due to this virus. May we continue to keep faith and remain united in prayer.
St Joseph church will limited to 32 people based on first-come first-served basis. (See attendance guidelines following)
- In the church, everyone should observe the recommended social distancing. Ushers will escort parishioners to a seat.
- Everyone must be wearing a mask.
- Though church gatherings are resuming, some individuals should not attend Mass or other church gatherings at this time.
This includes those who are sick or are in the high at-risk population
Anyone who is 65 or older.
Those with chronic lung disease.
Moderate to severe asthma.
Chronic heart disease.
High blood pressure.
Chronic kidney disease undergoing dialysis.
Weakened immune system.
- Bishop Seitz states “Communion must be received in the hand, and not on the tongue.”
- For the foreseeable future, Catholics in the Diocese of El Paso have a dispensation from the Sunday obligation for attending mass.
After mass, people are asked not to gather in groups but rather to proceed directly to their cars.
For those who cannot attend mass they can view services on Facebook.